Procedure for Creating a User Account for Infinite Campus Parent Portal
See attachment below for Spanish version of instructions
( Ver documento adjunto de la versión española de instrutions.)
I. First time log in-you will click on the link below
· You will visit this site and do the account setup only once!!!
· Enter your child's Social Security Number and Date Of Birth
· Print or write down the 32-character GUID (this is your activation key); then click Parent Portal.
· Click the message- If you have been assigned a Campus Portal Activation Key, …….
· Enter your 32-character GUID/activation key (case-sensitive).
· Enter a user name and password (8 characters long and is case sensitive) of your choice; you will be given a message when you have successfully created an account; click on "Click Here".
· You will then be directed to a portal page where you will log in (using the account log in information you just created) to see student information.
· YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD MUST BE KEPT CONFIDENTIAL DUE TO THE SENSITIVE MATERIAL THAT CAN BE VIEWED RELATED TO YOUR CHILD(REN) AND HOUSEHOLD. THIS PORTAL IS FOR THE PARENT/GUARDIAN AND NOT FOR STUDENTS.
II. After your account has been setup (see instructions above), you will use the following website to log in to your portal account
· Enter your user name and password under the section- Already have a Campus Portal account?
III. Please contact Kelly Wicks at email@example.com if assistance is required. Please type in the subject "Parent Portal".
Portal Helpful Information
• You will have 5 chances to correctly enter your login name and password. After the fifth incorrect try, you will be locked out and you will have to call the school (559-5344, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.) to speak to Mrs. Wicks to enable your account.
• Being inactive for 3 minutes while logged in on the portal will automatically log you out.
• The portal GUID and your personal login information is not to be shared with anyone. If you feel your information has been violated, please call Kelly Wicks at 559-5413.
• Clicking on Family gives relationships, family address, phone numbers, and enrollment date.
• Clicking on Calendar lets you see a broad overview of the assignments given for ALL of your children by ALL of their teachers on a month-by-month basis and will show attendance events (a bell on a particular day indicates an attendance event-ex: tardy, excused absences, unexcused absences). We are unable at this time to view the absences as coded by the office (death, doctor, school related activity, etc.). Please follow the coding given on the portal (letter and color chart) as the legend. A "P" is coding for School Related absences.
• Clicking on your child's name takes you to a message board. You will receive notifications in this location.
• Clicking on the current school enrollment year (ex: 09-10) will show a particular child's assignment and attendance calendar
• Clicking on Schedule will give the students school year class schedule with teacher, course, and grade book information. Teacher e-mail is not available through the portal at this time. Please use the Contact Form on the teacher's website if you wish to e-mail the teacher (from the school website, select Classrooms and find the teacher listed by grade level).
• Click on the course number and name (it is a link) to view the assignments and grading information.
• Grade recording by teachers for assignments is as follows:
- Elementary - updated once a week
- Middle School and High School - 4 days from assignment due date
• Clicking on Attendance gives you a summary of attendance by 9 weeks (called terms) and an overview of your child's attendance to-date (legend is the scale to use for attendance coding-color code and letter code).
• When you are ready to exit the parent portal, please get in the habit of using the "Log Off" command provided at the bottom, left of the navigation bar.
• THE PARENT PORTAL WILL NOT BE ACCESSIBLE DURING GRADE REPORTING PERIODS--END OF NINE WEEKS, END OF SEMESTERS. THE PORTAL WILL RE-OPEN AFTER REPORT CARDS ARE SENT HOME.